Subject: re: MODELER 3.5 MACRO PROBLEMS
From: Tim=[email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 94 14:59:22 PDT

I could not get WrapToSphere to function with 3.5...

Also, I experienced another odd problem a few days ago.  I haven't been able 
to duplicate it, but thought I would pass it along:  I was working on some 
morph targets, and had seven or eight layers filled.  I tried to cut the 
object out of the last filled layer using the "x" keystroke.  The object 
disappeared but the black dot in the layer's button remained.  Curious.  Was 
something still there?  I pressed "a" to resize the layer... nothing appeared.
 I tried to kill the layer with "z".  The dot remained, so I assumed that the 
problem was not with the layer but only with the button itself.  I pasted 
another model in the layer and continued working.  I subsequently saved the 
models in the various layers, then shut the system down for the night.  Low 
and behold, the next day, when I loaded the objects into layout to set up the 
morphs, the phantom object was there, atop the second model I had copied 
there.  It was easy to fix (import to modeler, select connected to pick all 
polygons of the unwanted object, x to delete, export correct object), and I 
haven't had it happen since, but still thought I'd pass along the info in case
anyone else has seen this.

...a few minor problems aside, I like the update VERY much.  Thanks Allen and 
Stewart! (Small but neat feature: press U in modeler, and the points or 
polygons that were selected during your previous operation re-select!)

Tim Doherty
[email-masked]